In Africa, Covenant University is one of the leading universities found on Christian mission ethos. Covenant University’s everyday dream is to raise a revived generation of leaders and to re-instate the dignity of the blacks. Covenant University is a confidential Pentecostal Christian University, which has been functioning with authorized status since 2002 in Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria.
The university has four(4) colleges which include, College of Business and Social Sciences, the College of Leadership and Development Studies, the College of Engineering, and the College of Science and Technology, And many Departments under these colleges. Covenant University had a quick advancement in practically two decades after it was established.
The webometric ranking prescribed Covenant University to be the Best Private University in Nigeria after it was ranked in 2022 ranking and the 2nd-best university overall in Africa. In our article, you will get to know many more About this wonderful university.
JAMB/UTME Cut off Mark: 180
Colleges & Courses in Covenant University
- College of Engineering
- College of Business and Social Sciences
- College of Leadership and Development Board Studies
- College of Science and Technology
♦College of Engineering and its departments
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Information Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering.
The Department of Civil Engineering offers a program in Civil Engineering. Moreover, the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering (eie.covenantuniversity.edu.ng) offers Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering programs (anything concerning Electrical).
Information & Communication Engineering and the Department of Mechanical Engineering(mce.covenantuniveristy.edu.ng) conducts a program in the Mechanical Engineering department. Likewise, the Department of Petroleum Engineering does the same(pet.covenantuniveristy.edu.ng) offers a program in Petroleum Engineering. Eventually, chemical Engineering in the Department of Chemical Engineering conducts their programs also.
This college aligns with the university’s concept to raise young superstars, prospective leaders, and the world’s most acceptable engineers in all fields of labor for a better tomorrow.
The college correspondingly has generously-groomed lecturers varying from senior academic staff, professors, and nicely-trained technologists. The non-teaching groups are also available to perform hand in hand with the academic staff in the college for a more acceptable and ready result. The scholars are prepared to tackle further challenges in the engineering area.
the university programs have good course strategies that are well packaged to equip their students for the successful practice of their work anywhere in the world. The programs are also to enable the students to achieve their full prospects and skills to the highest level. The programs are completely accredited by the NUC.
♦College of Leadership and Development Board Studies
- In this college, there are four (4) Departments, and six(6) programs
- Political Science and International Relations
- Languages and General Studies
- Leadership Studies.
The Department of Political Science and International Relations proposes programs in International Relations, Policy and Strategic Studies, and Political Science. The Department of Languages and General Studies has been Approved to Carryout their programs which include English and french effectively.
Psychology is also unrestricted as a program. The Department of Leadership Studies conducts Certificate and Diploma schedules in Leadership for all students in the University. All the programs have full accreditation from the National Universities Commission (NUC) to work effectively.
The vision of the College
The College of Leadership and development board has a convincing concept of sound scholarship, excellence, and respect for the worth and satisfaction of individuals at all levels of education. The heart’s purpose is to train graduates as talented managers and administrators. These change agents and visionary are mentally equipped, entrepreneurially ready to face the challenges ahead.
As an intelligent factory, they attempt to encourage creative talents in their students to attain the highest standards of knowledge in their respective programs. The core objectives of the College include the following;
- To deliver positively disciplined graduates who possess the proper honorable orientation and the mental aims and resourcefulness to furnish visionary leadership in the general and private sectors.
- To train youthful men and women who will be entrepreneurially suitable and self-reliant in society.
♦College of Management and Social Sciences
The College has six (6) Departments and ten (10) programs.
- Banking and Finance
- Business Management
- Mass Communication
The Department of Accounting operates a program in Accounting. The Department of Banking and Finance conducts a program in Banking and Finance. The Department of Business Management offers schedules in Business Administration, Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management, Marketing, and Entrepreneurship.
The Department of Economics conducts programs in Economics, Demography, and Social Statistics. In expansion, the Department of Mass Communication conducts a program in Mass Communication. Likewise, the Department of Sociology offers a program in Sociology. The National Universities Commission (NUC) and relevant professional bodies have offered all the programs their full accreditation.
♦College of Science and Technology
In the College of Science and Technology there are Nine(9) Dept., and Eleven(11) Programs
- Building Technology
- Estate Management
- Biological Sciences
- Computer and Information Sciences
The architecture department conducts a program in architecture while the Department of Building Technology offers a program in Building Technology. The Department of Estate Management operates its programs in Estate Management.
The department of Biological Sciences conducts its programs in Applied Biology and Biotechnology and Microbiology. The Department of Biochemistry runs
programs in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology laboratory. The Department of Chemistry conducts a program in Industrial Chemistry with opportunities in Analytical/Environmental Chemistry and Materials/Polymer Chemistry.
The Department of computer and information sciences offers programs in computer sciences and management information systems. While the Department of Mathematics runs programs in industrial Mathematics (option in Computer Science) and Industrial Mathematics (option in statistics)
which commenced some years ago.
Physics Department offers programs in Industrial Physics with an option in Applied Geophysics, Electronics and IT Applications, and Renewable Energy. All the Programs are Accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC) and Relevant Professional Bodies Involved
♦School of Post-Graduate studies
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Information Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering.
Information & Communication Engineering, the Department of Mechanical Engineering(mce.covenantuniveristy.edu.ng) conducts an agenda in Mechanical Engineering. Likewise, the Department of Petroleum Engineering(pet.covenantuniveristy.edu.ng) suggests a program in Petroleum Engineering. Eventually, chemical Engineering is in charge of all the activities going on in the Department of Chemical Engineering.
The college aligns with the university’s concept to boost young stars, future leaders, and the world’s best engineers in all environments of labor for a better future.
The college also has generously-groomed lecturers varying from professors, senior academic staff, and well-trained technologists. The non-teaching teams are also available to also work hand in hand with the academic staff in the college for a better and more prepared result. The students are trained to tackle different challenges in the engineering specialization.
They have good program course outlines that are well packaged to prepare their students for the booming practice of their career anywhere in the world. The programs are also to help the students achieve their full potentials and skills to the highest level. The programs are fully accredited by the NUC.
Covenant University School fees, Accommodation, and Registration fee
- Tuition ♦Exam♦Registration Fee, 472,000 Naira(per session)
- Hostel Accommodation Fee 185,000 Naira
- Utility Fee 75,000 Naira (Each session)
- ICT Development Funds 25,000 Naira
- Labs♦Workshop♦Studio Fee 40,000 Naira
- ICT Training Fee 30,000 Naira
- Virtual Library 15,000 Naira
- Wireless Internet 15,000 Naira
- Matriculation 15,000 Naira
- Identification Card Fee 15,000 Naira
- Result Verification 5,000 Naira
- TMC and Vision ♦ kit Fee 15,000 Naira
- EDS Fee 6,000 Naira (across Board)
- College Dues 2,000 Naira
- Field Trip 7, 500 Naira
- Caution Fee 25,000 Naira
- Book 15, 000 Naira
- Medical deposit 10,000 Naira
- Medical Test 15,000 Naira
- Lab coat and Tool for Engineering student 25,000 Naira
- Lab coat and Tool for Biochemistry♦Microbiology and Industrial Physics/Maths Student 7,000 Naira.
After the above, all the Newly Admitted students of Covenant University are expected to quickly make payment of their school fees
- Fresh Engineering students stand to pay the total sum of (N1,002,500) per session.
- Fresh students in Industrial Physics/Mathematics, Microbiology, and Biochemistry are to pay (N984,500) per session (first and second semester)
- Newly admitted Accounting, International Relations, Policy & Strategic Studies, Political Science and English Language students shall pay (N977,500) per session (for both semesters)
- Psychology and Counselling, Architecture, Computer Science, Industrial Chemistry, Building Technology, Estate Management, Biology and Management Information Science freshers stand also to pay (N977,500) per session
- And last, in the list, freshly admitted students into Banking & Finance, Business Administration, Demography & Social Statistics, Economics, Industrial Relations & Human Resources and Sociology is to pay (N937,500) per academic session
Covenant University School Fees for all courses for this current Academic Session
- Accounting N937,500
- Banking and Finance N937,500
- Business Administration N937,500
- Demography and Social Statistics N937,500
- Economics N937,500
- Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management N937,500
- International Relations N977,500
- Marketing N937,500
- Policy and Strategic Studies N977,500
- Political Science N977,500
- English Language N977,500
- Psychology♦Counselling N977,500
- Sociology N937,500
- Mass Comm.♦Publ. Rel. and Advert. N977,500
- Architecture N977,500
- All Engineering Courses N1,002,500
- Computer N977,500
- Biochemistry N984,500
- Microbiology N984,500
- Ind.♦Physics♦Mathematics N984,500
- Ind.Chemistry N984,500
- Building Technology N977,500
- MIS N977,500
- Estate Management N977,500
- Biology N977,500
Covenant University Global Ranking (Times of Higher Education)
Covenant University has had a rapid rise in reputation in the decade and a half it has been functioning. The Nigerian Universities Commission called it the best private university in Nigeria in its 2021 rankings and the 2nd best university across the board.
- Covenant University Ranks 401 – 600 in 2021 THE SDGs Impact Rankings to Appears First in Nigeria ( in Terms of Higher Education THEWUR2021)
- Covenant University is the Most acceptable Nigerian University in Global Subject Rankings 2021
- Covenant University Ranks 2nd Best in 2021 Webometrics Rankings among Nigerian Universities
- Covenant Africa’s Best World Class Private university of the Decade in Quality and sound Education
- Covenant University is First African University to Succeed in wining the International Sustainable Campus Network (ISCN) Award in 9 yrs, under the Whole Systems Approach with her PET City Bricks Submission.
- Covenant University ranks 401 – 500 in the world (THEWUR2020)
- Ranks No. 4 University in Africa ( in Education THEWUR2020)
- Ranks No. 1 University in West Africa (Times Higher Education THEWUR2020)
- Covenant University remains Best Private Varsity in Quality Education
- Covenant University Bags Gold Medals at 2020 World Creativity Olympic
- CovenantUniversity Emerged Best Nigerian Varsity in Association of Professional Women in Engineering (APWEN) Projects Contest (2020)
- Covenant University Wins Enactus National Championship 2 Years in a Row (2019, 2020)
- Covenant University emerges as Best Research Institution in Nigeria!
- Covenant University Researcher Leads Top 500 in Nigeria
- Covenant University Dominant in Scival’s Top 500 Nigeria Authors’ Ranking
- World Bank, AAU, NUC approve Covenant’s Africa Centre of Excellence Team
- Covenant University Blazes the Trail again, Ranks Top 200 among World’s Young Universities
- Covenant University Graduate Bagged Presidential Award for Outstanding National Service (2019)
- Covenant University Best Entrepreneurship Development University of the Year 2019
- AfDB Launches Coding for Employment Centre in Covenant University
Covenant University Undergraduate Application (National)
Non-Refundable Application Fee
- The application form fee for the Academic year is N7,400
- Transaction charges apply – N600 for bank transactions.
- Post-UTME Screening fee is N2,000
- Payment can be made using any of the following Debit Cards: Verve, Visa, and Master Card
- Note: Remember to save the uncompleted application form for completion at a later date. An application cannot be submitted without payment of the application fee.
Covenant University will not release any document (original, photocopied, or electronic) to the student or a third party after they have been filed as application records. Suppose application documents are forged, falsified, or altered. In that case, the Admissions Office will notify all relevant officials, and submitting such illegal documents will disqualify an applicant for admission.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit all required documents by the given lifeline. Neither the Admissions Office nor the Departments can assume the responsibility of informing the applicant about incomplete, wrong, or missing records.
- You are required to click on the payment button after you have successfully created your account and follow the procedures.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS
- You are required to upload the following documents as your application is considered completed if you successfully upload the documents:
- Statement of Purpose
A statement of purpose (not more than 500-words) should be prepared and submitted online with the application. The personal statement should address your academic interests and professional objectives, visions, and goals for life. Please review the programs (https://admission.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/) for different colleges for details.
- Birth Certificate
- Scanned JAMB result for the current year with your visible passport photograph
- WAEC or NECO Result (if available)
- Letter of Sponsorship which is to be written and signed by Parents
NOTE: All documents must be in PDF format and should not be more than (200kb).
The passport photographs must be in JPEG and should not be more than (10kb)
- Principal and Pastoral Reference Letters
Three official recommendations are required for your application. These recommendations must be from persons in positions to appraise your potential for undergraduate study at Covenant University. These persons should include the following:
- Your Spiritual Leader,
- Principal /Teacher of your last Secondary school and
- An Alumnus of Covenant University (optional).
We require the use of the online recommendation system, which utilizes a secure network and which will:
- Automatically email your recommendation providers with instructions for online submission of the recommendation.
- Allow applicants to track recommendations received or not received and follow up with recommenders who still need to submit their appraisals.
- Automatically notify you when recommendations are received.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is CASUS?
CUSAS is the acronym for Covenant University Scholastic Aptitude Screening. It is the University’s screening test and is held once a year before the beginning of the academic year at designated centers worldwide.
Since one will take CASUS, does one need JAMB to gain Admission to Covenant University?
By current regulation, all candidates seeking 100-level admission into any University in Nigeria must sit for the Joint Admission Matriculation Board’s (JAMB) University Matriculation Examination (UME). While sitting for the UME is necessary, it is not sufficient for gaining admission into Covenant University.
Is Covenant University for Christians only?
How Many Semesters does completes an academic session at covenant, and what are they called?
Does one need to re-take CASUS every year?
CUSAS is an annual test and, as such, needs to be taken only once. However, if a student does not pass the examination the first time, he/ she will be allowed to retake the CUSAS as many times as it is offered again until he/she is deemed eligible for admission.
What kind of Undergraduate Programs does Covenant University offer?
Presently, courses are available within four colleges:
- College of Leadership and Development Studies
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Engineering
- College of Management and Social Sciences
Does Covenant University offer Postgraduate programs?
CU runs postgraduate programs at Masters and Doctorate levels across most of the disciplines for all interested candidates.
Can we pay instrumentally at Covenant University?
If yes, what are the methods of payment at Covenant University?
What should I bring with me to Covenant University?
Which appliances can I bring to my room of a residence at Covenant University?
Students are not allowed to bring any appliances like blenders, stoves, boiling rings, portable hairdryers, pressing irons, etc. The University will provide any basic appliance necessary for a comfortable stay.
In Covenant University will I be able to cook in my Hall of Residence?
Cooking is NOT ALLOWED in the Halls of Residence. Students are required to take all their meals in the University Cafeteria on a pay-as-you-eat basis.
Do I need to register my car before bringing it to Covenant University?
Students are not permitted to operate or park personal vehicles on Campus. The University shall provide transportation, when necessary, to any location on or outside Campus, as demanded by academic or sporting programs.
In Covenant University are students allowed to use personal cell phones?
- cheapest private universities in Nigeria
- Beauty Changes Lives Scholarship Requirements And Application
- Mid Sweden University Scholarships Requirements and Application
- Top 15 Scholarships for Visually Impaired
- 10 Best Business Schools in Nigeria
- 15 Best Online Universities in Nigeria, and Requirements
- List of Over 400 Universities that accept IJMB in Nigeria