HOW TO OBTAIN NYSC CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION
SCHOOL GIST NOW ON NYSC CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION: This is to guide the PCMs on how to obtain the NYSC certificate of exemption and to also let them know what can make a PCM be eligible for the NYSC certificate of exemption.
According to the National Youth Service Corps Decree 1993 section 2 subsection (1) it is stipulated that With effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall NOT be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification he or she;
- Is over the age of thirty (30) years
- Has served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months
- Is a member of staff of any of the following:
- He has been conferred with any National Honour.
Eligibility For NYSC certificate of exemption: Nigerian Graduates either home or oversea trained who have the stipulated qualification of (B.SC, B.A or HND) from approved or accredited Institution by (NUC, NTBE or NCCE) are eligible for Exemption Certificate however while foreign trained graduates must submit their Certificates at the Mobilization Department for Evaluation.
Checking out from the condition above, a PCM will tell if he or she is eligible to apply for the NYSC certificate of exemption.
If you are eligible for this, then read below on how to obtain it.
ALSO SEE: HOW TO PRINT NYSC CALL UP LETTER
PROCESS OF COLLECTION OF NYSC CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION
HOME TRAINED GRADUATES
- The tertiary institutions attended. The School submits the master list of their graduates alongside with the Senate approved result to NYSC.
- A print-out is processed by NYSC classifying those to be called up for service and those to be exempted. This print-out is sent back to the Institutions for verification and corrections after which they are returned to NYSC as an agreed/corrected document.
- With the print-out, the Certificates of Exemption are produced, documented and sent back to the Institutions for issuance to the appropriate persons.
- Please note: Collection of Certificate of Exemption for home trained graduates is only done in the Institution of graduation and not in NYSC office.
FOREIGN TRAINED GRADUATES
- The process begins with the evaluation of credentials and other related documents i.e. International passport.
- After the evaluation of credentials the foreign trained graduate is then registered and this is physically done at the NYSC directorate headquarters, Abuja. It is at the point of registration that the classification of who to be called-up or who to be exempted; is determined.
- Certificates of Exemption are therefore produced for those exempted from service.
- Such Certificates of Exemption for foreign graduates are to be collected at the NYSC directorate headquarters at the stipulated time communicated.
- Please note: