COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) CENTRE REQUIREMENTS
JAMB CBT REQUIREMENT
THI IS THE OFFICIAL JAMB CBT REQUIREMENT AS RELEASED BY JAMB.
- 250 handy Desktop Computer systems or laptops with 10% (i.e 25) backups.
- Provision of individual cubicle with least length of 26 inches, breadth of 18 inches and height of 18 inches and suitable seat for each system.
- Least 15 inches’ flat screen Computer monitor for desktop or 17 inches for laptop.
- ALL computer systems must be connected to a healthy computer server with a capability to carry 250 systems at the same time.
- All the computer systems must be connected together on Cable Local Area Network topology (LAN). (Wireless Computer connection is not permitted).
- Adequate security and least of five (5) technical workers and one network engineer.
- Handiness of back-up power supply (power generating set of minimum 40kva for a centre with 250 systems; 60 kva for 350 systems and 100kva for above 350 systems) and UPS/inverters that can carry all systems for a least possible of two (2) hours.
- The center must be satisfactorily fenced.
- Establishment must be made for a holding room or reception facility e.g canopy with chairs, etc.
- The centre must not be in shared buildings such as cinema hall, shopping mall, market, etc.
- Readiness of adequate and functional air-conditioners and lighting.
- Running of up to date Antivirus and all the systems must be virus free.
- Least of Windows 7 or higher version of windows operating system.
IP Camera (CCTV) is obligatory for all CBT centres (Specification to be
given by JAMB).