POST GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: APPLY 2018 RHODES SCHOLARSHIP NOW
APPLY 2018 RHODES SCHOLARSHIP AWARD NOW
SCHOOL GIST NOW ON SCHOLARSHIP: The Management of Rhodes Scholarship for West Africa is therefore inviting accomplished and outstanding graduates between the ages of 19-25 to apply for the 2018 Rhodes Scholarship for West Africa.
West Africa includes: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo.
RHODES SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY.
- You must be a citizen of one of the following countries:
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo.
- You must have been resident in one or more of the countries listed above for at least five of the last ten
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree from a college or university (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with the highest classification your University awards, eg First Class or Upper Second Class
- You must have reached your 19th and not have passed your 26th birthday on 1 October This means candidates must have been born after 30 September 1992 and on or before 1 October 1999.
- You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
APPLY 2018 RHODES SCHOLARSHIP – SELECTION CRITERIA.
Rhodes Selection Committees are looking for young persons of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service from 20 Rhodes constituencies (64 countries) worldwide TO APPLY 2018 RHODES SCHOLARSHIP.
The four criteria governing the selection of Rhodes Scholars are:
- literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
APPLY 2018 RHODES SCHOLARSHIP- RHODES SCHOLARSHIPS – BENEFITS.
- Full tuition fees to pursue any course available at Oxford (with minor limitations) for two years with an option of a third year.
- A maintenance stipend that will cover accommodation, feeding and incidentals
- Tailored leadership courses designed to equip the scholar on how to solve critical problems in any community they find themselves.
- One economy class airfare to and from Oxford at the beginning and end of tenure.
HOW TO APPLY 2018 RHODES SCHOLARSHIPS.
- Applicants may apply online at rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk via the scholarships tab.
- All candidates are required to ensure that their completed electronic application is received online by midnight, GMT, 30 September Candidates are responsible for ensuring that referees submit their references online no later than midnight, GMT, 14 October 2017.
- In preparation for making their application, all candidates should read carefully the general information for candidates on the Rhodes website, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document and the graduate admissions pages of the University of Oxford: ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to No candidate will be selected without interview. You must be available to attend the interview, in person, as no accommodations can be made on date and time of interview. The interviews will take the format of a Dinner with the Selection Committee, followed by a Panel Interview the following day, most likely on a Friday evening/Saturday between mid-November/early December. Interviews will be held in Lagos. Overnight accommodation will be provided if necessary. Travel expenses are not normally provided. However, candidates who need to travel to the interview location from their country of origin within the West Africa region, may apply to the National Secretary for financial assistance to travel.
- Candidates who do not receive further communication by the end of November should assume that their application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date: Your application must be submitted online by midnight, GMT, 30 September.
Please sign-up with your email here to get all our scholarship updates. Also like our new